Edit like a Legend with Mick Audsley (TWELVE MONKEYS, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS) and David Charap (JAWBONE, SUNSET SONG)
Presented in Partnership with ShortCourses@NFTS – the Gold Standard in Film Industry Professional Development
⏲ 7th-8th April 2018, 10:00 to 18:00
An Editing Short Course Taught By The Best
In this two-day intensive course, acclaimed editors Mick Audsley and David Charap will guide a small group of students through the specific, practical lessons they’ve learned working on Oscar nominated films such as Twelve Monkeys and BAFTA nominated films such as Jawbone, as well as documentary films like The Possibilities are Endless and In Real Life. Audsley and Charap explain the creative and practical solutions they’ve found over the course of their careers, showing the students how to apply these lessons to their own work.
This course is interactive, with lively discussions that continue into the evening as the tutors join the students for a drink at the pub at the end of each day.
About the tutors
The editorial work of the renowned Mick Audsley includes more than 50 feature film credits, spanning almost 40 years in the film and TV business; Dangerous Liaisons, Interview with the Vampire, Twelve Monkeys, Mona Lisa Smile and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Audsley has frequently collaborated with celebrated directors such as Terry Gilliam, Mike Newell and Stephen Frears. He has been nominated twice for a BAFTA award in Best Editing, and won in 1994 for his work on The Snapper.
Award-winning film-editor David Charap brings a unique approach to editing, having successfully moved between fiction and documentary during an extensive and varied career. In 2017 he was nominated for a BIFA for Best Editing for his work on Jawbone. His feature film credits include Sunset Song and The Deep Blue Sea. He has edited over 20 documentaries, notably collaborating with acclaimed director Marc Isaacs. Charap has also worked on TV dramas and short films.
Who’s it for?
This course is ideal for editors and assistant editors, as well as for directors, producers, writers, and any others who want to better understand this essential part of cinematic storytelling.
Where is it?
Tileyard Studios, Tileyard Road, Kings Cross, London, N7 9AH
How much does it cost?
£279 for two full days of instruction.
Lunch and light refreshments provided during the day and a complimentary drink down the pub on Saturday.
You can see the full syllabus right here
Any questions? Please contact Cinema Jam here.
More about the Bite-Size Courses series
These intensive, highly practical and interactive weekend film short courses offer professionals the chance to learn from major industry figures in an intimate classroom environment.
The special low price and central London location make this ideal for those who want to get a taste of what makes the National Film and Television School’s Short Courses department the gold standard in film industry professional development, but with a minimal commitment of time and money. The connections made at these courses can be valuable in their own right, so at the end of each day, students and tutor all go to the pub to continue the conversation!
To cancel your place on this course, notice of cancellation must be given by email to info(at)cinemajam.com.
- If you cancel at least 28 working days prior to the start of the course you will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee
- If you cancel between 28 and 10 working days prior to the start of the course you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event you will not be entitled to a refund
No refund will be made for non-attendance on the course.
Terms & Conditions
- By registering it is implied that you accept the terms and conditions applied to the service. It is the responsibility of the user to analyse all the information published here before proceeding with the registration. The organization reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without previous notice. These changes will be published on this official event page and will be considered valid from that moment onwards.
- Cinema Jam Ltd. reserves the right to cancel a registration if the participant does not meet any eligibility requirements described above. In these cases a full refund will be issued.
- No booking will be considered valid until Cinema Jam Ltd. receives the total value of the registration.
- The registrations cannot be re-utilized or returned, unless in case of cancellation of the session, yet if it is possible and reasonable, the name of the registration can be changed for another person to attend the session. Please bear in mind that Cinema Jam Ltd. will not be responsible for travel expenses, or any other additional expense, in case of cancellation. Cinema Jam Ltd. will equally not be responsible for any monetary compensation in case of timetable changes or cancellations. Cinema Jam Ltd. is also not responsible for any compensation or devolution in case of absence of the event by the participant for any major reason (ie: situations outside of the sphere of control of Cinema Jam Ltd., such as war or threat of war; riots; civil unrest; industrial dispute; airport shutdowns; flight cancellations; terrorist activity; natural disaster; nuclear disaster; fire, adverse weather conditions; or similar situations).
- There is a chance that the Cinema Jam Ltd. might have to make alterations regarding dates or timetables, either due to changes in the professional schedule of the workshop speakers or due to travel difficulties. These alterations are beyond our control and will not be cause for reimbursement.
- There won’t be any devolutions or reimbursements in case of absence by the participant for professional, personal or health reasons.
- The registration will be considered invalid in case of illicit resale.
- The participants are responsible for checking the veracity of the information during the registration and report any errors or mistakes as soon as possible.
- Cinema Jam Ltd. reserves the right to refuse entry and reimbursements in case of abusive behaviour, physical and psychological threats, drunk or disrespectful attitude. The same is applied in case the participant tries to enter the event with any object considered as a weapon or with any illegal substance.
- Cinema Jam Ltd. will not be considered responsible for the loss or destruction of private property of the participant, nor will it be responsible for any medical or hospital expenses in case of injury or illness inflicted during the event nor on its installations or in the city that is hosting the event. For this exact reason the organization advises the participants to acquire health and travel insurance against all possible risks.
- By purchasing this course you hereby authorise Cinema Jam Ltd (the Producer) to record and edit your name, likeness, image, voice and participation in the performance on film, tape or otherwise. You agree that the Recording may be edited and otherwise altered at the sole discretion of Cinema Jam Ltd and used in the whole or in part for any and all broadcasting, non-broadcasting, audio/visual, and/or exhibition purposes in any manner or media, in perpetuity, throughout the world. Cinema Jam Ltd may use and authorise others to use all or parts of the Recordings. Cinema Jam Ltd, its successors and assigns shall own all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Recordings, to be used and disposed of without limitation as Cinema Jam Ltd shall in its sole discretion determine.
- You will be automatically considered for free membership in Cinema Jam and if your profile matches Cinema Jam’s membership criteria, you will be added to our membership database. If your profile does not match our membership criteria, you may still receive communications from us in future regarding offers, events and courses.